A Google Business Page is a valuable marketing tool for hotels and helpful when trying to reach potential guests. Here are a few tips on how a hotel can use its Google Business Page to its advantage:
Claim and Verify your Hotel’s Business Page
The first step in creating a successful Google Business Page is to claim and verify your hotel’s listing. This will allow you to manage the information that appears on your Business Page and ensure that it is accurate and up to date.
To claim and verify your hotel’s Google Business Page, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in with a Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you will need to create one.
- Search for your hotel using the name and address. If your hotel already has a listing, you will see it appear in the search results. If not, you will need to create a new listing.
- Click on your hotel’s listing, and then click on the “Claim this business” button.
- Follow the prompts to verify your business. This may include providing additional information about your hotel and verifying your phone number or email address.
- Once your business has been verified, you will be able to manage the information that appears on your Business Page.
It’s important to note that the verification process can take some time, so be patient and follow Google’s instructions carefully.
Add Complete and Accurate Information
Once you have claimed and verified your hotel’s Business Page, adding as much information as possible is essential. This includes basic details such as your hotel’s name, address, phone number, website, and a detailed description of your hotel and the services you offer. You should also include high-quality photos of your hotel, including the lobby, guest rooms, and any amenities you offer. This will give potential guests a good sense of what to expect when they book a stay at your hotel.
Google reviews are a key factor in how your hotel appears in search results, so it’s important to encourage your guests to leave reviews. You can simply ask them to leave a review on your Business Page or provide a link to your page in your post-stay emails. Remember that it’s not just the number of reviews that matters but also the overall rating. Aim to consistently get high ratings from your guests to improve your visibility on Google. You can make it easy for guests to leave a review by providing a link to your Business Page in your post-stay emails or on your hotel’s website.
Use Posts to Share Updates and Promotions
Your hotel’s Business Page’s posts feature allows you to share updates and promotions with your followers. This can be a great way to highlight new services or amenities, announce special deals or packages, or share other news about your property. You can also use posts to feature guest reviews or highlight interesting local events or attractions.
- You can use posts to share news about your hotel, such as the launch of a new service or amenity, renovations, or special events.
- Use posts to highlight special deals or packages you offer, such as discounted room rates or packages that include additional amenities.
- You can use posts to showcase positive reviews from guests, which can help to build trust with potential guests and encourage more bookings.
- You can use posts to share information about local events and attractions that may be of interest to guests, such as festivals, sporting events, or sightseeing opportunities.
- You can use posts to share content that is relevant to your hotel and your guests, such as travel tips, destination guides, or information about your local area.
Regularly sharing updates and promotions through your hotel’s Business Page’s posts can keep your followers engaged and help drive more bookings for your property. Just be sure to keep your content fresh and relevant, and consider using visually appealing images and videos to make your posts more engaging.
Take Advantage of Your Google Business Page Insights
Google Business Insights is a free tool that provides detailed data on how users interact with your hotel’s Business Page. This includes information on views, clicks, calls, and direction requests. You can use this data to understand what’s working well on your hotel’s page and what areas may need improvement.
To access Google Business Insights, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in with a Google account.
- Click on the name of your business to open your Business Page.
- Click on the “Insights” tab.
- Select a time period to view data for that specific time period.
- Scroll down to view various metrics, such as views, clicks, calls, and direction requests.
- You can also use the filters on the right-hand side of the page to customize the displayed data. For example, you can filter by location, device type, and source to see more specific data.
Keep in mind that it may take some time for data to appear in Google Business Insights, as it can take time for Google to process and display the data.
Google My Business Insights is a powerful tool that can provide valuable insights into how users interact with your hotel’s Business Page. By regularly reviewing the data, you can understand what’s working well and identify areas that may need improvement.
Use Google My Business to Connect with Potential Guests
Your hotel’s Business Page lets you directly communicate with potential guests through its messaging feature. This can be a great way to answer questions, provide additional information, or offer assistance with booking. Responding promptly and professionally to messages can help build trust and establish your hotel as a reliable and customer-focused business.